Calling consecutive variables into Maple from MapleTA

• I have some variables in MapleTA incrementally named:

----------------The below can be copied into MapleTA---------------

$numOFdefinedANSWERS=3;
    $Answer1=4;
    $Answer2=7;
    $Answer3=15;
    #etc....  this list can go on to an undetermined length, dependent on the person building the question (if more answers are added then the user will increment numOFdefinedANSWERS accordinginly)
    #From here I am hoping to build a Maple call-out that will build an array of these MapleTA variables.  At this point I am simply hoping to attain the last variable in the loop, from there I will build the array.

$maplecall=maple("
    restart:
    for i from 1 to $numOFdefinedANSWERS do
    a:=$Answer||i
    end do;
    ");

#Presently this call out seems to completely ignore the dollar sign...  as "Answer3" is sent back to MapleTA, when I would like "15" sent back to TA.

#I tried to modify using this callout...

$MAPLE_call=maple("
    restart;
    with(StringTools);
    a:=cat(Char(36),Answer,i)
    end do;
    ");

# This Generates a string sent back to MapleTA, that a parse seems to not handle well either?

#Any ideas are appreciated?

• I'm not sure if this is acceptable in your implementation, but moving the variables inside the Maple call works. The reason is that (unfortunately) the dollar sign has a different meaning in Maple.

$MAPLE_call=maple("
    Answer1:=4;
    Answer2:=7;
    Answer3:=15;
    C:=Array([]):
    a:=parse(cat(Answer,i)):
    C:=ArrayTools[Append](C,a):
    end do;
    C;
    ");

• Thank-you for the response.  I am not wanting to call the variables into Maple until desired (in other words not all together at the start).

The reasoning is User A might only have 3 defined answers to the particular question while user B might have 7 defined answers.  I was hoping the for loop would gradually gather all the answers rather than having them defined at the start of the call to maple.

Mark